Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 10 - Sovereignty and Freedom in the Purposes of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my spirit and open up my heart to welcome in to every moment of my day.  ...

"In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that the world should be registered.... All went to their own towns to be registered. Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem, because he was descended form the house and family of David. He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a Child" (Luke 2:1-5).

Father God, You are sovereign, yet we are free. You are at work in all the details and choices of our lives. You know every choice we will ever make in the freedom that a relationship of love requires; and at the same time, You are at work in every detail of every choice, causing all things to work together for our good and for Your purposes.

Long before the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, You spoke through Your prophet that Your Messiah would be born in Bethlehem:  "But you, O Bethlehem of Ephrathah, who are one of the little clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for Me One who is to rule in Israel, whose origin is from of old, from ancient days ... and He shall be the One of peace" (Micah 5:2-5).

So Emperor August chose to call every family Israel to their ancestral home. Joseph chose to take his pregnant wife Mary on the long journey from Nazareth to Bethlehem. And Mary chose to go with him. Each made their choice at exactly the time You sovereignly chose to bring forth Your Messiah into our world--Jesus of Nazareth who would be born in Bethlehem.

Father, thank You for Your sovereignty and my freedom. In Your sovereignty, You created me for a relationship of love; and a true relationship of love requires that I have the freedom to trust You, to love You, to follow You or not. Otherwise it wouldn't be freedom and it wouldn't be love. You've created me in Your image, and Your image is love (1 John 3:8). You've chosen to love me and I've chosen to love You.  And I can feely love You because You sovereignly chose to first love me (1 John 4:19).

Lord, I trust You to be at work in me and every detail of every decision of my life--even the bad ones that You always redeem when I finally give them to You, causing them all to work together for good (Romans 8:28). I trust You to move in my heart and guide my steps along the long journey of Your will for my life. "Let it be with me according to Your word" (Luke 1:38).

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend,  I pray you will be know God's love for and trust God's purposes for you in every decision you make in the freedom you have as a gift of God in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!