Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 2 - Conceive Christ

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my heart and guide my thoughts as I start my day looking to You.  ...

"The angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you will name Him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to Him the throne of His ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end' " (Luke 1:30-33).

I hear You writing these words as a prayer from my heart:

You came as a Child, conceived in a womb
Destined to reign as King after the cross and the tomb
Of Your kingdom there will be no end
Upon Your sacrifice our salvation depends
You set aside the glory of heaven to humble Yourself in human flesh
You call us to set aside our flesh to reign with You in all Your gloriousness

Come, Holy Spirit. Conceive the Spirit of Christ in me. Conform the nature of Christ in me.

"But (we) are not in the flesh; (we) are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (us). Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. But if Christ is in (us), through the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in (us), He who raised Christ from the dead will give life to (our) mortal bodies also through His Spirit that dwells in (us)" (Romans 8:9-11). 

Morning by morning, step by step, empower me to grow up "to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13). Like Mary, let me not fear, but have faith to believe Your favor is upon me, You are with me, and Your Spirit is within me to empower me to live into my calling and destiny in Christ. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will conceive the nature of Christ in you in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!