Thursday, December 11, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 11 - Royal Bloodline

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice.  ...

"Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah took place in this way. When His mother Mary had been engaged to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found to be with Child from the Holy Spirit. Her husband Joseph, being a righteous man and unwilling to expose her to public disgrace, planned to dismiss her quietly. But just when he had resolved to do this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the Child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a Son, and you are to name Him Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.' All this took place to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet:  'Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name Him Emmanuel,' which means, 'God is with us'" (Matthew 1:18:23).

Before the angel of the Lord spoke to Joseph of his destiny, the angel reminded him of his identity. Joseph was a "son of David." He came from the royal bloodline of the King of Israel. Though he was carpenter and probably a very simple man, living a very simple life, he was also a royal son.

Then, secure in his identity, Joseph could fulfill his destiny. "When Joseph awoke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took her as his wife, but had no marital relations with her until she had borne a Son; and he named Him Jesus" (v. 1:24-25).

Like Joseph, I am also a royal son with a royal bloodline. Through Christ, I am a son of God, a child of the one true King, "for in Christ (we) are all children of God through faith" (Galatians 3:26). Through Christ, I am also a rightful heir according to the promises of God (Galatians 3:29). 

Through Jesus the Messiah, who came and saved me from all my sins, I am cleansed by His royal blood and can take my place in His royal bloodline (1 John 1:9). I can rest secure in my identity and fulfill my destiny as a part of "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that (I) may proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called (me) out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will know the security of your identity as a child of God in the royal bloodline of Jesus Christ and live out your destiny serving and glorifying Him with your life today in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!