Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 16 - What Love is This?

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit; would You be One within me as I entrust my life and this day completely to You.  ...

"All this took place to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet:  'Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and they shall name Him Emmanuel,' which means, 'God is with us'" (Matthew 1:22-23).

What love is this? What God is this? That You would set aside the glory of heaven to humble Yourself in the likeness of human flesh and blood? That the Word that spoke the world into existence would become flesh to live and die at the hands of those You created? That in all Your sovereignty and self-sufficiency You would desire to not only watch over us from heaven but to come here to earth and here in our hearts to be with us?

My mind can't fully understand it. But with all my heart, I choose to fully embrace it. That You are Emmanuel, God with us. And that in this mystery of faith and unfailing love, You are God within us, as we open our hearts and welcome Your Spirit to live and love in us.

Come, Holy Spirit--Spirit of the Living God, Spirit of Christ, Spirit of Emmanuel, Spirit of God with us. I receive Your gift of love for me. "See what love the Father has given us" (1 John 3:1). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will stir in your spirit with expectant faith, expecting the fullness and the fulfillment of every word of the Lord for your life you've come to believe in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, we'll be coming together today with all our prayer ministers at Rapha God Ministries to celebrate Christ and all the Lord has done in us and through us this year. Thank you so much for all your prayers for me and for Rapha God Ministries and Messiah Ministries! Merry Christmas and God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!