Friday, December 12, 2014

Morning by Morning, December 12 - Crooked Paths Can Still Lead Us Home by God's Grace

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the first word I speak today, as I entrust my heart and this day into Your hands.  ...

"An account of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Abraham was the father of Isaac, and Isaac the father of Jacob ... and Salmon the father of Boaz by Rahab ... and David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah ... and Josiah the father of Jechoniah and his brothers, at the time of the deportation to Babylon ... and Jacob the father of Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called the Messiah" (Matthew 1:1-16).

It helps me see the power of the grace of God when I see the genealogy of Jesus. Among all the heroes and saints of the faith in the family tree of Jesus were also many who were not so heroic and not so saintly. And some who were famously both saint and sinner, like King David, who was both the giant-slayer, passionate psalmist after God's own heart, and popular king but also an adulterer and murderer.

Jacob was a liar who stole his brother's birthright. Rahab was a prostitute. The wife of Uriah was David's adulteress. And the whole nation of men and women rebelled against God until judgment couldn't be withheld any longer and they were all deported in exile to Bablyon for seventy years.

Yet You, O Lord, redeemed it all. In the power of Your grace, You caused that crooked path to lead home to Jesus.

Thank You, Father. You still send Your Holy Spirit to take all our crooked paths and all our broken lives and lead us to Jesus. You still redeem it all to cause all things to work together for good when we love You and allow You to forgive us and fulfill us in the plans and calling You have for our lives (Romans 8:28).

Thank You for forgiving me of my sins, for healing me of my brokenness, for choosing to use my life in Your plans, despite every crooked path of my life. Thank You for causing all my crooked paths to lead me home to You. Thank You for this eternal truth of Your unfailing love:  "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will keep leading you home to Jesus, redeeming any brokenness or failures in your life, as He uses it all and empowers you to fulfill your calling in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!