Thursday, December 15, 2016

Morning by Morning, December 15 - Filled with the Joy!of the Holy Spirit
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and wait for the leading of Your Spirit to begin my day surrendered to Your will and embraced in Your presence.  ...
 
"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the child leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and exclaimed with a loud cry, 'Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.... For as soon as I heard the sound of your greeting, the child in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord" (Luke 1:41-45).
 
Mary was blessed and believed. And everywhere she went she carried the life of Christ in her. When Elizabeth encountered the Christ within Mary, she was "filled with the Holy Spirit" long before the day of Pentecost. As a forerunner, Elizabeth experienced a foretaste of the Spirit-filled life for all who encounter the living Christ and are "filled with the Holy Spirit" (v. 41). She shouted with joy because she was filled with joy! (v. 42) And everything within her "leaped for joy!" (v. 44)
 
Then in her joy, filled with Your Spirit, Elizabeth was able to see the blessing of those who believe. She was overjoyed for Mary who chose to live her life in faith and "believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her by the Lord" (v. 45). The "Spirit of Christ" in one stirred up the "Spirit of Christ" in the other (Romans 8:9). And both overflowed with joy.
 
Lord, let the Spirit of Christ arise with joy in me today. Remind me that I carry the life of Christ in me everywhere I go. So fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit every day (Ephesians 5:18). And let the joy in me stir up the joy in everyone I see. Your joy in us, overflowing through us, is at the very heart of all it means to have the kingdom of God established and growing within us. "For the kingdom of God is ... righteousness and peace and joy! in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you be filled with the joy! of the Holy Spirit to day, knowing you carry the life of Christ within you everywhere you go,  in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

   
Friends, I'm excited that I just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Consider ordering some today for you and your family and friends and spread the word!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!