Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Morning by Morning, August 1 - God's Words in My Mouth
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Lord of my life and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Listen to Me, you that pursue righteousness, you that seek the Lord.... I have put My words in your mouth, and hidden you in the shadow of My hand" (Isaiah 51:1-16).
 
Before I step out into my day, I first want to come away with You in the intimacy of worship and the communion of prayer to seek Your face and listen for Your voice. Give me a heart that pursues You first, above all else. Remind me to seek first the kingdom of God and Your righteousness. Then everything else, then all that I need and all You've place in my heart to desire will be added unto me (Matthew 6:33).
 
As I seek You, I'm also aligning my heart with Yours. As I behold You, You're changing my thought and my desires, my character and my nature, my perceptions and my attitude -- making me more like You, "transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18). 
 
And as You put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, You're also putting Your words in my mouth, as You hold me in the shadow of Your hand (Isaiah 51:16). Then You send me out into my world to speak Your words of spirit and life and truth. 
 
So with all my heart, I want my words to be Your words -- purified in Your fire and sanctified by Your Spirit, to speak life and not death, to speak blessings and not curses (James 3:9-10). You have high standards and high expectations for every word that comes out of my mouth. As You said, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.... I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned" (Matthew 12:33). And as Your Word confirms:  "The words of the mouth are deep waters.... From the fruit of the mouth one's stomach is satisfied; the yield of the lips brings satisfaction. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits" (Proverbs 18:4-21).
 
By the power of Your grace, may I be a faithful servant and good steward of all the power of my words You've entrusted to me as a child of God and disciple of Christ. "Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. The Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever!" (1 Peter 4:10-11) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Holy Spirit stirs you with a passion to pursue God and His righteousness, as our Father holds you in the shadow of His hands and fills your mouth with His words to speak His spirit and life and truth into your world today, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
       
  
Friends, I'm excited to be sharing a message of hope and healing at the First Wednesday Service of Worship and Prayer tomorrow night, August 2nd, in San Antonio at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus, pastored by Max Lucado at 7pm. All are welcome! Please come join us in the South Room Worship Center. God bless you!


Max Lucado and Tommy Hays


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!