Monday, August 07, 2017

Morning by Morning, August 7 - Treasure the Word
 
"With my whole heart I seek You; do not let me stray from Your commandments. I treasure Your word in my heart, so that I may not sin against You" (Psalm 119:10-11).
 
Is Your word truly a treasure to me? Do I treasure Your word in my heart? Or is it some kind of obligation, some list of all the dos and don'ts of a legalist, religious life?  Is Your Scripture my treasured authority to judge right from wrong, what is good and what is evil, how to live a life that honors You and delights in You? Are the words I hear in my heart, as I seek You with my whole heart, to welcome Your Spirit to guide my steps like precious jewels more valuable any treasure this world has to offer me? ... Or am I just pretending to believe You and follow You?
 
Come, Holy Spirit. May I truly treasure the word of God. May God's word be "spirit and life" to me (John 6:63). May it be like the kingdom of heaven to me -- "like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field" (Matthew 13:44). May it be like a precious pearl to me -- "like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that had and bought it" (Matthew 13:45-46). "For where (my) treasure is, there (my) heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21).
 
You have blessed me as Your very child. You've called me by name and told me I'm Yours. You've given me Your written Word as the authority for my life, and every day, You speak to me Your living word to lead me and empower me to live it out in the mercy and love of Your grace. May I truly treasure what I have and never take it for granted. By the grace of the One who is the Word made Flesh, now living in me to live out Your word through me life, may I "guard the good treasure entrusted to (me), with the help of the Holy Spirit living in (me)" (2 Timothy 1:14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you are stirred by the Holy Spirit to treasure God's word in your life today and every day, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!