Monday, August 14, 2017

Morning by Morning, August 14 - "Overcome Evil with Good"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, here in my heart and here in these first moments of my morning that I offer to You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).
 
Don't curse the darkness, be a blessing of light. Stop murmuring and complaining about all that's wrong, and be a part of all that's right. Quit staring down the problems and start looking up to the One who is the answer. Let go of your longing for the good 'ole days and take hold of the hope that promises the best is yet to come, even in the midst of all that's dark and evil and wrong. "For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and His glory will appear over you! Nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn!" (Isaiah 60:2-3) 
 
So with hope in your heart and passion in your spirit, "Arise, shine; for your light has come, (for) the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!" (Isaiah 60:1) "Lift up your eyes and look around.... Then you shall see and be radiant; your heart shall thrill and rejoice.... and I will glorify My glorious house.... I will appoint Peace as your overseer and Righteousness as your taskmaster. Violence shall no more be heard in your land, nor devastation or destruction within your borders; you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise.... the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.... Your people shall all be righteous; they shall possess the land forever.... I AM the Lord; in its time I will accomplish it quickly!" (Isaiah 60:1-22)
 
Yes, Lord. Your kingdom come; Your will be done -- here on earth, as it is in heaven; here in my heart, as it is in Your heart; here in my home and my community and my nation, as it is in Your kingdom -- the kingdom of God, where our God rules and reigns. As You encouraged us with Your promise long ago -- long before the depths of darkness and evil we see and are yet to see -- "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33 NKJV)
 
Yes, Lord, You have overcome. Now, by the power of Your Spirit living in me, come overcome through me today. Let Your good overcome evil; let Your light overcome darkness; let Your love overcome hatred; let Your kingdom overcome my world, starting right here in my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the light of the glory of God will arise and shine through you in your world today, as He empowers you by His Spirit to overcome evil with good and advance His kingdom through your life, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Join me on the journey of prayer every day!
Morning by Morning
Second Edition



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!