Friday, August 25, 2017

Morning by Morning, August 25 - "Until the Destroying Storms Pass By"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit. Be One within me, as I open my heart to You in the deep communion of contemplative prayer.   ...
 
"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in You my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge, until the destroying storms pass by" (Psalm 57:1).
 
The first hurricane to hit the coast of Texas in twelve years is heading our way fast. They say there may be 125 mph winds, a 12-foot storm surge, and a deluge of three feet of rain flooding down on us soon. And to all that, I say with the Body and Bride of Christ, strategically positioned here in Texas, "Peace! Be Still!" in the name of Jesus! (Mark 4:39)
 
I'm reminded of the bronze sculpture outside the Methodist Church at the edge of the waters of Corpus Christ Bay. It's a sculpture of Jesus standing boldly, with authority in his eyes and peace on his face, stretching out his arms over the waters, as he faces the sea. We don't worship any graven images, but we are inspired by the Word of God that encourages us to trust in the One who rebukes the wind and the waves at the sound of His voice.
 
Lord, speak out Your voice against this destroying storm. Rebuke the wind and the waves of destruction and violence and death. Let Your Spirit hover over the chaos of these waters and this darkness. Speak life to our hearts and peace to our souls, as we take refuge in the grip of Your grace and under the shadow of Your wings.
 
We set aside our pride and humble our hearts to be desperately dependent upon You alone. You are our Rock and our Refuge. Be our Strong Tower, our Mighty God, as we call on Your name "until the destroying storms pass by." And my our prayers of urgency become prayers of consistency, as we continue to keep our hearts humble and our faith strong before the One who is our only true and lasting Hope -- come hell or high water. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you'll experience the peace of Christ in your heart and the authority of the power of His name, through whatever storms may ever come your way, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. Please pray for Texas. God bless you, my friend!



Come join us for our
Level 1 Prayer Ministry Training!
Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Deliverance
Starting Tuesday Night, September 5th, being hosted at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. DVDs are also available.

The core teaching for our Level 1 School of Ministry
 is based upon my book:

 Free to Be Like Jesus 
 Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!