Thursday, March 14, 2019

Morning by Morning, March 14 - Resisting Spiritual Drift
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Now I watch and wait for Your leading today. ...
 
"So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. For the message God delivered through angels has always stood firm, and every violation of the law and every act of disobedience was punished. So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus Himself and then delivered to us by those who heard Him speak? And God confirmed the message by giving signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit whenever He chose" (Hebrews 2:1-4 NLT).
 
It seems to me these are days of great spiritual "drift." From every direction, from without and even from within, we are constantly bombarded with messages that assault "the truth we have heard" of our "great salvation." "By rejecting conscience, certain persons have suffered shipwreck in the faith" (1 Timothy 1:19). We desperately need the anchor of Your truth, grounded in Your Word and confirmed by Your Spirit. We desperately need the assurance and confidence of Your "unchangeable character" and Your "unchangeable" truth, for "we have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul" (Hebrews 6:17-20).
 
Lord, let Your Word and Your Spirit be my Anchor. Keep me steadfast in You and Your truth in the face of all the forces and pressures of spiritual drift. You are "the same yesterday and today and forever," so let me "not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings, for it is well for the heart to be strengthened by grace" (Hebrews 13:8-9). In these days of great drifting, wavering, and shaking, I thank You that "what cannot be shaken will remain" because "we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken" (Hebrews 12:27-28). You and Your Word and Your Spirit are my Rock, my Refuge, my Strong Tower, my Plumb Line of Truth, my Firm Foundation, and the "Anchor of (my) soul" (Psalm 18:2; Isaiah 28:17; Matthew 7:24; 2 Timothy 2:19; Hebrews 6:20). 
 
By the power of Your grace at work within me, may I not drift with the currents and tides of my times, but remain forever firm in You, "rightly explaining the Word of Truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). By the power of Your grace, may I be "found faithful" and "hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering" (1 Corinthians 4:2; Hebrews 10:23).  I rest in the promise of Your Word:  "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You. Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the Eternal Rock" (Isaiah 26:3-4 NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you hold fast in the Lord and His Truth, resisting all spiritual drift to be found faithful in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!