Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Morning by Morning, March 19 - Communion with God in the Tent of Meeting
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Just as closer walk with You, a little closer every day -- here in the communion of prayer and throughout every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Now this is what you shall offer on the altar: two lambs a year old regularly each day. One lamb you shall offer in the morning, and the other lamb you shall offer in the evening ... with it a grain offering and its drink offering ... for a pleasing odor, an offering by fire to the Lord. It shall be a regular burnt offering throughout your generations at the entrance of the tent of meeting before the Lord, where I will meet with you, to speak to you there. I will meet with the Israelites there, and it shall be sanctified by My glory; I will consecrate the tent of meeting and the altar; Aaron also and his sons I will consecrate, to serve Me as priests. I will dwell among the Israelites, and I will be their God. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of Egypt that I mighty dwell among them; I am the Lord their God" (Exodus 29:3846).
 
All that was spoken as a type and shadow in the Old Covenant is fulfilled in Christ in the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:5-6). Their tent of meeting was a temple of cloth; while my tent of meeting in the temple of my heart. They were on a journey out of the bondage of Egypt, through the wilderness of testing their faith, and into the promised land of their inheritance of God; while my journey is a spiritual journey of the bondage of my self-centeredness and sin, through the wilderness of the testing of my faith, and into the fulfillment of my inheritance, my identity, and my destiny as a child of God in the promises of the Word of God. All the while, I'm learning to love, learning to trust, learning to obey, and learning to live into the fullness of all I am in You and all You are in me as a child of God and disciple of Christ.
 
Every morning, every evening, and throughout the moments of my day, I receive can receive the gift of Your abiding Presence through the Blood of the Lamb. I can come into the tent of meeting with You through Your holy communion with me -- Heart to heart, Spirit to spirit, Deep to deep. "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). Through the Blood of the Lamb, I am "God's temple" and "God's Spirit dwells in (me)" (1 Corinthians 3:16). Through the Blood of the Lamb, I have "the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit" (2 Corinthians 13:13).
 
My life -- surrendered and yielded to You, as best as I can and all by Your grace -- is my burnt offering that releases a pleasing aroma to You as "an offering by fire to the Lord." By all You've done for me, I am "a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is (my) spiritual worship" for You (Romans 12:1).
 
Lord, let me never take this for granted -- the gift of Your Presence, the glory of the manifest Presence of God with me every morning, every evening, and throughout the moments of my day. The "tent of meeting" is always open to me. You abide in me as I abide in You (John 15:4). You are with me always (Matthew 28:20). You are our God and we are Your people; You are my Father and I am Your child (Romans 8:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you join in communion with God in the tent of meeting in your heart every morning, every evening, and throughout the moments of your day through the Blood of the Lamb provided for you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

         

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!