Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 26 - Thirsty for Your Presence, Hungry for Your Word
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart and every moment of my day. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- I seek You and pursue You and worship You in every dimension of Your Being from every dimension of my being. ...
 
"Ho, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you that have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. Incline your ear, and come to Me; listen, so that you may live!" (Isaiah 55:1-3)
 
I'm thirsty, Lord. I'm hungry, Lord. I'm thirsty for Your Presence; I'm hungry for Your Word. So I'm coming to You, I'm listening for You, I'm longing to live in You.
 
Why wouldn't I come? Why wouldn't I take and eat, receive and drink, taste and see that You are good? Why would I see the things "which do not satisfy?" Why would I spend my time, my effort, my money or anything else I have for the things that have no eternal value, no true meaning, and no lasting significance?
 
All I need is right here. All I need I can have right now. And it's "without money and without price." It's the free gift of God, ready and waiting for all who would receive, for all who hunger and thirst for You, for Your Presence, for Your Word, for deeper life in You.
 
Even as I ask the question "Why?" an answer comes to my heart. I believe I hear You speaking in my heart:  "My son, My free gift will cost you everything. I give you life in Me as you surrender your life completely to Me. Those who seek to save their lives will surely lose them and those who seek to lose their lives for Me will surely find them. As you decrease, I increase. As you yield to My will and My ways, I put My thoughts in your mind and My desires in your heart to make you more like Me each day. I am the One who puts the hunger and thirst in your heart so that You will earnestly yearn to pursue Me. As you are pursuing Me, you are embracing Me. As you are embracing Me, I am embracing you. And in My Presence, there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, fullness of the life I long for you to live in Me. Then what you experience in Me, you gladly, lovingly desire to share with others the hope that is within you, that they too can come to My Living Waters and drink deeply of My Abiding Presence." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word comes to mind:  "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8). "Abide in Me, as I abide in you" (John 15:4). "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). "As the deer longs for flowing streams (of water), so my soul longs for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the Living God" (Psalm 42:1-2). "In Your Presence, there is fullness of joy" (Psalm 16:11).
 
Yes, Lord. Make me thirstier still, hungrier still -- thirsty and hungry for the only thing, the only One, who will ever satisfy the yearning of my soul. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you grow thirstier still for the Presence of the Lord and hungrier still for the Word of God, finding only He can truly satisfy the yearning of your soul, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!