Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Morning by Morning, June 18 - "In the Morning" Times of Deep Communion in Prayer
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I surrender to Your Spirit. I yield to Your will. I wait for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"Give ear to my words, O Lord; give heed to my sighing. Listen to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I pray. O Lord, in the morning You hear my voice; in the morning I plead my case to You, and watch... I, through the abundance of Your steadfast love, will enter Your house, I will bow down toward Your holy temple in awe of You. Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness ... make Your way straight before me.... Let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, so that those who love Your name may exult in you. For You bless the righteous, O Lord; You cover them with favor as with a shield" (Psalm 5:1-12).
 
These morning times are the best times of my day. You alone are my focus. You alone have my full attention; and You give me the grace to know I have Yours. You're my King and my God, my Lord and Savior, and my Best Friend. You fill me afresh with Your Spirit and draw me near to abide deeply in Your Presence.
 
As I listen, You lead. As I surrender, You speak. As I yield to Your will, You prepare the way before me. As I come under Your covering, You spread Your protection over me and set up Your favor and blessing as a shield about me. It's all through the abundance of Your steadfast love and Your tender mercies. And as I enter in to Your house, as I embrace You in my spirit and You enter in to my heart, You set things right to begin my day centered and grounded in You alone.
 
That's how I can "ever sing for sing" no matter what my day may hold. That's how I can stay calm, hold my peace, face every foe, and know in my heart You've got my back and You'll get me through. And that's how I can trust that no matter what happens today and tonight, at morning's light we'll be right back here together again, as You get me centered and grounded in You again for all the next day may hold. You always have and You always will -- morning by morning, moment by moment, on my daily journey of this life in the deep communion of prayer with You. 
 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.... The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him" (Lamentations 3:22-25). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be centered and grounded in the Lord our God, morning by morning, moment by moment, on your journey of prayer in deep communion with Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!