Friday, June 26, 2020

Riots and Mobs just Make More Room for the Message of Jesus - June 26, 2020

Morning by Morning, June 26 - Riots and Mobs just Make More Room for the Message of Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today. ...
 
"As was Paul's custom, he went to the synagogue service, and for three Sabbaths in a row he used the Scriptures to reason with the people. He explained the prophecies and proved that the Messiah must suffer and rise from the dead. He said, 'This Jesus I'm telling you about is the Messiah.' Some of the Jews who listened were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, along with many God-fearing Greek men and quite a few prominent women. But some of the Jews were jealous, so they gathered some troublemakers from the marketplace to form a mob and start a riot" (Acts 17:2-5).
 
Mobs and riots didn't keep Paul and Silas from preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and spreading the Message of hope and healing, freedom and grace in Jesus Christ everywhere they went! While all the country was in an uproar, they just keep using every opportunity to point people to Jesus.
 
The crowds accused Paul and Silas of "causing trouble all over the world" and feared that "now they are here disturbing our city, too" (v. 6). The mobs demanded them to be silent and tried to intimidate them into sitting back and shutting up about their Message and their Messiah and this talk about God's mercy and grace through Jesus Christ. They screamed and shouted that these followers of Jesus were "guilty of treason against Caesar, for they profess allegiance to another King, named Jesus" (v. 7).
 
But all the while, the Message went forth. Hearts and minds were changed. And this Good News of the Gospel of the Kingdom kept going forth to the ends of the earth. One day, It got to me. And since that day, It's been changing my heart and my mind every day. 
 
While the mobs and riots of my day seem to want to turn my world upside down, there's a Spirit who's moving in me with increasing desire to see my world turned upside down for Jesus. Just as in the days of Paul and Silas, riots and mobs just make more room for the Message of Jesus. So Lord, help me not waste my moments of spreading your Message of hope and healing, freedom and grace in Jesus Christ everywhere I am and everywhere You send me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be empowered with the Spirit of Christ to spread the Message of healing and hope, freedom and grace in the mighty name of Jesus everywhere you are and everywhere He sends you, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 
        
Listen and join me in today's Morning by Morning
Prayer Devotional Podcast

New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!