Thursday, June 04, 2020

Stand Up, Speak Out, by the Right Spirit - June 4, 2020

Morning by Morning, June 4 - Stand Up, Speak Out, by the Right Spirit
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:3). Father, Your children are led by Your Spirit (Romans 8:14). I'm listening and waiting for Your leading, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
I join with my brothers and sisters across our country to stand up and speak out in protest against cruelty and injustice, against authoritarian abuse and societal neglect of foundational principles of equality and justice in our times. We're to be a nation under God, where all men are created equal, where there's liberty and justice for all. In the words of David, both shepherd and king, humbled by Your conviction of sin in his heart and exposed need of correction in his ways, "Create in me a clean heart, O God. And renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).
 
As a nation, convict us and correct us, O God. Open our eyes to see, open our ears to hear the cries for justice and the demands for change. Give us the courage to act with clarity of vision and determination of spirit. Let us set our faces like flint toward making America a city on a hill and a light to the nations, where we honor our heritage and fulfill our calling with equality and justice for all.
 
Take away our heart of stony indifference and callous disregard of the injustice we see or pretend not to see. Give us a new heart, renewed by Your Spirit, awakened and alive in a revival of honor and respect, of righteousness and justice, of unity and equality as one nation under God.
 
As You spoke through the prophet Ezekiel to the heart of the nation of Israel to remember her destiny and fulfill her calling as a people of God and a light to the nations:  "A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and make you follow My statues and be careful to observe My ordinances. Then you will live in the land that I gave to your ancestors; and you shall be My people, and I will be your God" (Ezekiel 36:26-28).
 
Come, Holy Spirit of the Living God. Come change us and revive us. As we stand up and speak out in the power and authority of Your Spirit and Your name throughout our land -- speaking the truth in love and standing up for one another in unity and solidarity of commitment to what is right and what is just -- there will be no need nor tolerance of criminal violence and self-destruction. There will be no need nor tolerance of professional mobs, opportunistic crime, or murderous rage. The fires that burn will not be businesses, synagogues, churches, or cities but the fire of the Holy Spirit burning in the hearts of every American who boldly, fearlessly, faithfully stands up and speaks out for all Americans -- regardless of whatever.
 
Evil will be confronted in every form. Righteousness and justice will be demanded and exalted and finally received in the hearts of a people and of a nation who has turned again to God. "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 33:12). Healed is the land who humbles her heart to pray and repent and then acts in persistent determination, obedient faith, and unrelenting pursuit until the job is done and the victory is won (2 Chronicles 7:14). Not by our own might, not by our own power, but all by Your Spirit, O Lord our God (Zechariah 4:6). Lord, let it be so -- here in my heart and here in our land. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend, may you be empowered and led by the Holy Spirit of the Living God to stand up and speak out, to turn to God in prayer and step out with God in faith until the job is done and the victory is won in our hearts and in this land, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. May we join together in our prayers for America and the nations of our world to experience God's Spirit and power and love, in His righteousness and justice, and even in great revival and awakening in these days. God bless you, my friend! 

  
Listen and join me in today's Morning by Morning
Prayer Devotional Podcast

New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway
Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257
Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!