Saturday, January 08, 2005

Holiness unto the Lord 1-8-05

Saturday, January 8, 2004 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You in singled-minded devotion in the simplicity of contemplative prayer, as I watch and wait for Your leading. Cleanse my thoughts by the blood of the Lamb, purify my heart by the fire of Your Holy Spirit, draw me close to hear the whisper of Your still small voice. ... "Holiness unto the Lord. You are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb as You receive the conviction of My Spirit and the grace I give for you to turn to Me and receive My mercy. You are purified in the fire of My Spirit as you yield to My correction and discipline in the trusting surrender of every area of your lives to Me. You draw close to Me as you seek Me with child-like faith as young children eagerly wait for their father to come home. I am home in the hearts of My children who seek Me with all their hearts and long for the nearness of My presence. I am their loving Father and they are My devoted children. I am their God and they are My people." "Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am the Lord your God" -- Leviticus 20.7. "For it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy' " -- 1 Peter 1.16. Yes, Lord. You are our true Father and we are your children. Help us embrace this cleansing and purification that we may have no barriers between us, that we may know the depths of intimacy in relationship with You. Give us courage to embrace Your correction and the faith to know it comes out of Your love for us, as a godly father loves his children enough to discipline them. Let us grow up to be like You, Daddy Abba, our Father God. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!