Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Simplicity 1-25-05

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let the peace of Your presence settle in to my soul. For these next moments, let me have no thought but You and the thoughts You bring to my mind. ... As the psalmist cries out, "I am Your servant, give me understanding, so that I may know Your decrees... Your decrees are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them. The unfolding of Your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple" -- Psalm 119.125-30. Lord, teach us how to humble ourselves in Your sight, to let our soul submit in our mind, our will, our emotions to the leading of Your Spirit in our inmost being. Teach how to be quiet as we watch and wait for the leading of Your voice in the silence of surrender. You impart understanding to the simple -- those who simply look to You and listen for Your voice. This is wisdom, the understanding You impart to us to grow in the knowledge of the Lord. This is more than knowledge about You, this is how we come to know You. As we know You more intimately, we can trust You more completely. As we grow in trust, we can grow in obedience. Obedience brings blessing, for we are at peace in the trusting surrender of our lives to You. Teach us how to walk in this holy path of simplicity. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I'll be leading a weekend healing prayer retreat in Princeton, Ky this weekend called "Come Away with Jesus" -- please keep us in your prayers for the Lord's healing grace to be released in spirit, soul, and body. To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!