Friday, January 07, 2005

Splitting Open the Skies 1-7-05

Friday, January 7, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, wash me in Your Word. Draw me to Your presence, let me know You're here. I set aside every thought but You in these first moments of the morning. ... There is coming a day when the skies will split open and the light of Your glory will burst through the clouds -- 1 Thessalonians 4.17. Every soul on earth will fall to their knees and declare You are Lord -- Philippians 2.9-11. Prepare our hearts now for the coming of that day. Rekindle within us the hope of the glory of Your coming -- the certain hope that gives us courage to persevere through the suffering and tragedy that surrounds us each day. "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed to us" -- Romans 8.18. As You will come on that day, come now on this day, Lord Jesus, in our hearts. Split open the skies of discouragement, burst through the clouds of despair. We humble ourselves on our knees before You in desperate hunger for Your presence and Your power to overcome every burden we face in our lives and in the lives of those for whom we pray. Deliver us from this present darkness by the glory of Your coming. "Protect me, O God, for in You I take refuge. I say to the Lord, You are my Lord; I have no good apart from You. ... Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure. For You do not give me up to Sheol, or let Your faithful one see the pit. You show me the Path of Life. In Your presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" -- Psalm 16. Come, Lord Jesus, as we praise Your holy name! In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, we all have those near to our hearts in prayer. I've been praying much for a young pastor in my hometown of Lamesa, Texas suddenly diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Though he and his family are shaken, they are looking to the Lord as He brings them through. Please pray with me for healing and peace for Pastor Al Martin, his wife Jodie, and their family in these hard days. I join with you in the agreement of prayer for all those on your heart as well. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!