Monday, January 31, 2005

Send Me 1-31-05

Monday, January 31, 2005 -- Morning by Morning Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust this day and my life to You. ... "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' And I said, 'Here am I, send me!" -- Isaiah 6.8. Your Spirit moved through our hearts and released your commission through our hands as a church last night. You sent forth our dear friends, Greg and Connie Gallaher, as missionaries to Cambodia to pastor a church of missionaries. You have been preparing their hearts, their minds, their souls, and their strength for this day, long before they knew it. It seems You do not so much prepare us for a particular mission as much as You prepare us to be available for any mission. This is the heart of complete surrender and complete obedience. This is the heart that is dead to self and alive to Christ. This is the heart that longs to hear Your call and longs to answer, "Here am I, Lord. Send me." Thank You for letting us see the model of the surrendered heart in Greg and Connie's lives and in the lives of so many others who have gone forward in the faith before us. This was the heart of Moses and Aaron, as they surrendered to Your call to go to Egypt and confront Pharaoh. This was the heart of young Mary who said, "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to Your word" -- Luke 1.38. This was Your heart as You emptied Yourself of the glory of heaven to answer our Father's call to take up the likeness of human flesh and blood to live out a perfect life so You could lay Your life down as a perfect sacrifice for us. We could not be more like You than we when we say, "Here am I, Lord. Send me." Prepare our hearts to be like Your heart. Prepare us each to be ready so that we are available for any mission, every day. Make us more like You each day. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please agree with us in prayer for Greg & Connie Gallaher & their family for the Lord's provision in every way as they advance in the Kingdom this year. I pray for each of you as you answer the call to advance this year as well. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- "preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!