Saturday, January 01, 2005

Invitation to Join the Journey

January 1, 2005 Re: Morning by Morning, A Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays Dear praying friends, I invite you to join with me in a journey of my morning prayer life for a second year. For some time I believe I’ve felt the nudging of the Holy Spirit to write a few words each day from my time with the Lord to share with others. The Lord is speaking to us all to lead us in His paths, and I believe we can learn from the journeys of others to see more clearly the steps we are taking in our own journey. I plan to send these prayers "Morning by Morning" when I can. In my own prayer life, I journal sometimes my own thoughts, sometimes the words I believe the Lord is speaking to me, and sometimes my responses in prayer. So, I welcome you to listen in on our conversation and even let these prayers come along side your prayers, as I try to share some of the nuggets of Spirit and Life the Lord is digging up in the circumstances of my life this year. For you, some may be nuggets of gold and some may be nuggets of coal. Feel free to dust off what seems to weigh as Truth in your hands and to cast off what doesn't. When I share what I believe to be the Lord's guidance, please know that I'm not saying "this is the Word of the Lord" with certainty but only what I sincerely believe in humility and without presumption are His words of guidance for me. On this side of heaven, we see in part and prophesy in part as though looking through a glass dimly. At the same time, though, the Shepherd leads His sheep by His voice and He truly wants His sheep to learn to hear and obey His voice. So if you sense the Lord's leading, you're welcome to come along with me in the journey this year as I try to follow the voice of the Good Shepherd. If you come, please test everything in your own spirit, as we are commanded, seeking to discern between the voice of the Spirit and the voice of the flesh, taking the meat and leaving the bone. Please pray for me to do the same, and I'll be praying for each of you who receive these prayers. May you be encouraged and may God bless you this year and every year! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe/reply please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries --"preparing the way of the Lord" -- MessiahMin@aol.com God bless you!