Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Specific Obedience to God's Specific Will 3-27-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch for Your coming and wait for Your presence here in the place I have prepared for You in my heart. ... "Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, 'I need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?' But Jesus answered him, 'Let it be so now; for it is proper in this way to fulfill all righteousness.' Then he consented" (Matthew 3:13-15). Even the most humble actions intended to honor You can still be outside the will of God. Protocol, ritual, and tradition can never replace specific obedience to Your specific will. We must continually look to You and listen for the leading of Your voice. Only in this way will we fulfill all righteousness. Lord, help me never presume to know Your will. Help me never allow religious actions or the traditions of men to replace our living relationship. Help me learn to humble myself in the silence of surrender, allowing my spirit to sense the leading of Your Spirit, and allowing Your voice to form the answer to my questions in my mind and heart. Help me not stand on protocol, but bow in surrender -- surrender to the wisdom and righteousness of Your will for my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com