Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Son and I 3-14-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I wait now in the silence of surrender before You, cleanse my soul of sin and fill my spirit afresh with Your Spirit; form Your thoughts in my mind and impart Your desires in my heart. I entrust this day and my life to You. ... "Now, my son, the Lord be with you, so that you may succeed in building the house of the Lord your God, as He has spoken concerning you" (1 Chronicles 22:11). Next week I have a chance to get away with my first born son for his spring break, just the two of us. Zach is sixteen now, on his way to becoming a man -- on his way to becoming the man of God You created him to be. He knows You and loves You, though there are many times he does not always obey You -- or me or his mother. But his heart is tender, even through times of rebellion and resistance, to hear Your words of conviction and receive Your words of correction, as he yields to Your Lordship of his life. He was so young when our family was broken in divorce, yet Your grace has sustained him and sustained us in our relationship by Your mercy beyond measure. So these opportunities of intensive time together are more precious than silver, more costly than gold. I pray for Your wisdom and Your heart to guide our time together -- times of laughter and fun and times of worship and prayer, times of just being ourselves and times of bonding together. I thank You for the gift of the Father's heart You have given to me. May I give that gift to my son. I want him to "succeed in building the house of the Lord" -- the house of his life, yielded to Your will and filled with Your Spirit. May he live out the fullness of his calling and destiny that You have spoken concerning him from "before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4). Let me not shape him into my image, but help him find Your image in himself. Then he will have succeeded as Your son, and I will have succeeded as his father. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, tonight I will continue teaching a short series of at my home church on Spiritual Transformation through the Prayer Ministry of Healing and Deliverance on the Wednesday nights of March (6:15-7:30 pm in Room 35 at Centenary UMC in Lexington, Kentucky). Please keep us in your prayers and come join us if you're led. (This is will include much of my teaching and prayers on my dvd/cd Preparing the Way of the Lord -- Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Deliverance from my healing prayer retreat series -- let us know if you would like to order a set for personal study, Bible study group, or spiritual retreat). Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night 3/16 --the 3rd Friday of every month for our ministry's city-wide gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries and I will lead in prayer and Paul Cooper of Liberty Worship Center will lead in worship. All are welcome! Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to the Mountain! on Monday nights to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you" (Psalm 122:6). Doris & Bob McCray of Messiah Ministries, lead this weekly Meeting to Pray for Israel on Monday nights @ 7 p.m. in the Community Room, upstairs at First Southern Bank, 3060 Harrodsburg Road (Corporate Center) in Lexington, Kentucky. All are welcome. Please spread the word. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com .