Saturday, March 17, 2007

Protection from Destruction 3-17-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me humble myself before You and listen for the leading of Your voice. ... "Take a scroll and write on it all the words that I have spoken to you against Israel and Judah and all the nations, from the day I spoke to you, from the days of Josiah until today. It may be that when the house of Judah hears all the disasters that I intend to do to them, all of them may turn from their evil ways, so that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin" (Jeremiah 36:2-3). Lord, Your heart is mercy and grace toward us in Your love. But You are a holy God who calls us to be a holy people. You have spoken Your spiritual principles into existence, to affect our lives and leads us to You in humility and faith, with clean hands and pure hearts. So we reap what we sow, obedience brings blessings and disobedience brings curses, holy hearts bring our lives under Your protection from accusation and judgment while evil ways expose us to disaster and destruction. But You have said, "I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from their evil ways and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?" (Ezekiel 33:11). Repentance and faith is our protection from destruction. Convict me in Your mercy of my evil ways. Lead me to repentance that I may live the fullness of life You have created me to live, and deliver me from the disaster and destruction that enters through the door of sin and attacks where the protecting walls of holiness, obedience, and faith are broken down. I pray this for myself and for my nation, for Israel and all the nations of the earth. "In Your wrath, may You remember mercy" (Habakkuk 3:2). In disasters and destruction that come through judgment, may we remember to turn to You in repentance and faith. Then even judgment becomes mercy. "For the Lord will not reject forever. Although He causes grief, He will have compassion according to the abundance of His steadfast love; for He does not willingly afflict or grieve anyone" (Lamentations 3:31-33). Your will is mercy, rather than judgment and compassion rather than affliction. But "God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow" (Galatians 6:7). By Your grace and in response to Your steadfast love, I choose to sow mercy, that I may reap mercy, to sow repentance that I may reap forgiveness, and to sow obedience that I may reap protection. I pray for Israel and America and all the people of the nations of the world to do the same, by the grace of our God who desires all to turn to Him and call on His name in humility and faith. "For, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved' " (Romans 10:13). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.injesus.com/ AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.