Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Secret Law of Attraction 3-18-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You increase, as I decrease. You lead, as I follow. You speak, as I listen. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I willing entrust my will to Your will and my ways to Your ways in trusting surrender to Your wisdom and power. ... "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the revealed things belong to us and our children forever, to observe all the words of this law" (Deuteronomy 29:29) People are talking about a movie called "The Secret" which discusses "the law of attraction" -- based on the idea that what we think becomes our reality, whether positive or negative, because like attracts like. Any truth that has been discovered is no discovery of a great secret, but the discovery of the spiritual principles You have set in motion to influence our lives in our journey to be conformed to the image of Christ (Romans 8:29). You call us to search Your Word, listen for the leading of Your Spirit, and learn Your ways to understand what You reveal for our good and Your glory. Rather than a secret to power and success, Your Word reveals much about Your spiritual law of attraction: "Then God said, 'Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it.' And it was so" (Genesis 1:11). "God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow" (Galatians 6:7). "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7, NKJV). "And to the centurion, Jesus said, 'Go; let it be done for you according to your faith" (Matthew 8:13). "Jesus answered them, 'Have faith in God. Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:22-24). These are not secrets, but revealed laws of God based upon the Word of God. But for everything that is real, there is always a counterfeit. And there is only a counterfeit because there is something that is real that the counterfeit tries to imitate. So it is with the counterfeit principles of new age, self-help, mind-over-matter, transcendental meditation, theosophy, Kabalah, witchcraft, magic, hedonism, humanism, and all other forms of the ancient principle of self-centered pride -- "I will do what I want to do; I will create my world based on my desires; I am the god of my universe; I am the master and commander of my ship and my destiny." These are merely the contemporary, trendy manifestations of the ancient sin of Babel: "Then they said, 'Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves" (Genesis 11:4). As when Pharaoh's "magicians of Egypt" used the sorcery of self-will and manipulation of Your spiritual principles "by their secret arts" to counterfeit Your miracles, pride is rebellion to Your ways and Your will and the arrogant assertion of our own (Exodus 7:11). These false applications of Your true principles are all based upon the assertion of self-will, rather than submission to Your will. They rely on the wisdom of the world, the flesh, and the devil, rather than the wisdom of God. They are a means to seek the fulfillment of our own, self-determined destiny -- the graven image created by our own hands -- rather than seeking the fulfillment of the destiny You have spoken into our spirits, failing to realize that only then will we be truly fulfilled and truly free. They deny the grace of God, leaving us to ourselves to work it out on our own and try to clean up the inevitable mess, while leaving our path of destruction and selfishness for others to rummage and rebuild. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6). You want us to use the gift of our minds. You want us to think positively. You want us to move in the "power and authority" You have give us -- but in the humility of seeking Your will and Your ways, looking to You rather than leaning on ourselves (Luke 9:1; Acts 1:8). "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh and strength to your bones" (Proverbs 3:5-8, NKJV). "The plans of the mind belong to mortals, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All one's ways may be pure in one's own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established" (Proverbs 16:1-3). Yes, Lord. As I choose the path of humility, rather than pride, asking You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, then You can bless me by giving me the desires of my heart because You are conforming my desires to Your desires, my thoughts to Your thoughts, and my will to Your will. "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. He will make your vindication shine like the light, and the justice of your cause like the noon day" (Psalm 37:4-6). "Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever" (Ephesians 3:20-21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com