Thursday, March 01, 2007

"Stoke the Fire" 3-1-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, my Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Lord, You are One and You are holy. You are worthy of my praise and my trust. I worship and adore You. Now I sit quietly and wait for You. ... "If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, you shall offer a male without blemish; you shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, for acceptance in your behalf before the Lord.... The sons of the priest Aaron shall put fire on the altar and arrange wood on the fire.... Then the priest shall turn the whole into smoke on the altar as a burnt offering, an offering by fire of pleasing odor to the Lord" (Leviticus 1:3-9). As I woke this morning, I heard Your Spirit speak to my spirit: "Stoke the fire." The image came to mind of stoking the coals and adding wood to a burning flame of fire. Lord, You have set my heart ablaze with a passion for You. But every day, the flame of the fire of my heart must be stoked and tended. As I come "to the entrance of the tent of meeting," I can enter in to the intimacy of worship and prayer in communion with You only because of Your eternal sacrifice for me, the Lamb "without blemish." By Your grace, I come as a child of God in the priesthood of believers to offer "the whole" of my heart as "an offering by fire of pleasing odor" to You. As I stoke the fire, by the leading of Your Holy Spirit, let my prayers rise to You as smoke rising up from a burning flame, consuming the burnt offering of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, Doris & Bob McCray of Messiah Ministries, will be leading a weekly Meeting to Pray for Israel on Monday nights, starting Monday, March 5th @ 7 p.m. These prayer gatherings will meet in the Community Room, upstairs at First Southern Bank, 3060 Harrodsburg Road (Corporate Center) in Lexington, Kentucky. Come join us if you can and pray along with us if you can't. Please spread the word. Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com .