Friday, March 09, 2007

Pursue Peace and Holiness 3-9-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Humble my heart to wait, silence my soul to listen, as I commit my thoughts and desires to You this day. ... "Pursue peace with everyone, and the holiness without which no one will see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). Peace doesn't just happen. And holiness doesn't just happen. They must be pursued, according the command of Your Word. Pursuit speaks of tenacity, perseverance, determination -- no surrender and no compromise. I can't pursue peace with everyone without Your grace to give me the will and the power to press beyond offense and self-righteousness, not only to forgive, but to fully embrace the relationship in the way You lead with the boundaries You set. And I can't pursue holiness within myself without Your grace to allow Your Spirit to search my soul to expose the things in me that need to die and the things of You in me that need to be called to life and the power to surrender them to You. This peace and holiness You have commanded me to pursue in Your power and by Your grace is not optional. It is not part of a minor doctrine or rule of life for a select few who are specially called. The pursuit of peace and holiness is at the heart of the way of life of a genuine, authentic Christian life -- a life being conformed to the image of Christ. Without it, "no one will see the Lord." This is Your warning, as much as it is Your command. I want to see You, Lord. And I want others to see You in me. So as I encounter those who are hard to embrace in peace and as I encounter the sins and struggles of my soul that are hard to surrender in holiness, keep giving me Your unrelenting grace and Your indestructible power to tenaciously pursue peace and holiness -- to live this day and my life for the glory of Your name. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com