Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Deep Waters 6-10-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my faithful Friend, loving Father, wonderful Counselor, and mighty God. You are the Prince of my peace and the Rock of my salvation. I entrust my heart and life to You today and every day. ... "When He finished speaking, He said to Simon, 'Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch'.... When they had done this, they caught so many fish that their nets were beginning to break" (Luke 5:4-6). You could have worked the miracle in the shallow water. It would've been a spectacular display of the power of God right in front of the crowd for all to see. It wouldn't have taken Peter long to get there. And it wouldn't have taken much faith, obedience, determination, or surrender of will. The shallow waters would've been a great place to teach the principle, "It's not about you, Peter, or anything you do; it's all about Me." But that wasn't Your plan or purpose for Your disciple at that moment of his life. So You sent him into the deep waters. You were teaching him to trust You more deeply. And there's a deep trust that only comes in the deep waters. It's one thing to trust in the shallow waters of the easy places. It's quite another out in the deep where the waters are way over your head and out of your control. That's the place where you begin to understand the deeper things of God, where "Deep calls to deep" (Psalm 42:7). That's the place where you begin to understand that grace is free, but it will cost you everything. That's the place where you being to understand that it's all about You, and that means it's also about Your purpose of making me more like You (Romans 8:29). Lord, give me grace to trust You in the deep waters. Give me courage to go where You send me, just as You sent Peter out into the deep and the Holy Spirit led You out into the wilderness (Luke 4:1). No doubt, there will be opportunities to turn back or turn away, with the enemy of my soul there to tempt me and taunt me. But I do desire to return from this place more like You, "filled with the power of the Spirit" because You've emptied me of myself and my will so I can be more filled with You and Your will (Luke 4:14). I know You'll be faithful to be with me through it all, just like You've always been. You do this for me, but You'll also do this for the lives You desire to touch through me -- just as You desire for each of Your disciples. It's not because You're mad at us or don’t care about us, but because You love us, that You send us out into the deep waters. And there's nothing deeper than Your love (Romans 8:38-39). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please register on-line to come join us for these Messiah Ministries prayer ministry events later this summer: July 31-August 2, 2009 -- Healing Prayer Weekend at Cliffview Retreat Center in Lancaster, Kentucky led by Tommy Hays. You'll receive teaching and ministry in a peaceful, worshipful retreat setting. Spiritual Principles of Deep Healing— Explore God’s order in every dimension in spirit, soul, and body. Past hurts require healing to realize true freedom. It’s only God’s redemptive power that can bring us back to God’s created plan. Hindrances To Healing— Scripture provides principles that reveal possible barriers that hinder healing, freedom and wholeness. These given over to God, prepare the way for God’s powerful healing love. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterHealingWeekend August 10-13, 2009 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Level I Come for a focused time of training, equipping, and impartation through discipleship, personal ministry, and mentoring, led by Tommy Hays and the teaching team. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterSchoolOfMinistry Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your fingertips.