Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hear My Heart 6-17-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am in You and You are in me. Make me more like You today. ... "David went out to meet them and said to them, 'If you have come to me in friendship, to help me, then my heart will be knit to you; but if you have come to betray me to my adversaries, though my hands have done no wrong, then may the God of our ancestors see and give judgment' " (1 Chronicles 12:17). David didn't trust everyone with the hurts and burdens of his heart. But he was willing to open his heart to those who were willing to come alongside him and help him in true friendship. He knew sometimes we just need someone to hear our heart, whether we're right or wrong, rational or irrational, in the Spirit or in the flesh. Sometimes just speaking out loud to trusted friends where we are in our heart at the moment helps us move on to where You want our heart to be. In a broken, fallen world full of broken, fallen people there's always the risk of the ones you trust betraying your heart. But the blessing of true friendships that can only be built on the foundation of honest trust is worth the risk. You've created us to need that, to need one another in that way, so we can help "bear one another's burdens" to You and "in this way (we) will fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). This is at the heart of what it means to live our lives in Christ. "I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:34-35). We can't really love one another if we don't trust one another. And we can only truly love someone to the depth that we truly trust someone. Thank You, Lord, for the true friends You've given me to trust and to love, and who trust and love me. Thank You for those You've brought along the journey of my life and brought me along the journey of their lives to hear one another's hearts and bear one another's burdens -- without judgment or condemnation, but in compassion and love. And thank You, Lord, for being both my Savior and my Friend -- the One who's always ready to hear my heart and bear my burdens. "For I know the One in whom I have put my trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard until that day what I have entrusted to Him" (2 Timothy 1:12). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for praying for our renewal meeting with the Methodist ministers and annual conference delegates yesterday at Lake Junaluska, NC. The Lord really poured out His Spirit to refresh us and renew us. I pray the same for you! And I've been blessed to share some time talking and resting with some dear friends tucked away in their cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains, before heading home. I pray that blessing of dear friends for you. It's not too late to register to come join us the first week of July in Greensboro, NC for the annual Aldersgate Conference on Spirit-filled Living: www.Aldersgate09.org It's always a refreshing, empowering highlight for my year, and I'm excited to be a Keynote Speaker this year with a message on healing. Please register on-line to come join us for these Messiah Ministries prayer ministry events later this summer: July 31-August 2, 2009 -- Healing Prayer Weekend at Cliffview Retreat Center in Lancaster, Kentucky led by Tommy Hays. You'll receive teaching and ministry in a peaceful, worshipful retreat setting. Spiritual Principles of Deep Healing— Explore God’s order in every dimension in spirit, soul, and body. Past hurts require healing to realize true freedom. It’s only God’s redemptive power that can bring us back to God’s created plan. Hindrances To Healing— Scripture provides principles that reveal possible barriers that hinder healing, freedom and wholeness. These given over to God, prepare the way for God’s powerful healing love. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterHealingWeekend August 10-13, 2009 -- The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Level I Come for a focused time of training, equipping, and impartation through discipleship, personal ministry, and mentoring, led by Tommy Hays and the teaching team. We will study and experience a biblical perspective of the ministry of healing and wholeness of spirit, soul and body, and apply the foundational principles of the Kingdom of God for prayer ministry. The course combines dynamic classroom teaching in a small group setting with personal hands-on experience as students receive personal ministry and are guided in ministry for others. For Information or To Register: ClickHereToRegisterSchoolOfMinistry Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org