Saturday, June 20, 2009

Love Deeply from the Heart 6-20-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and trust in Your grace. ... "Through (Jesus) you have come to trust in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are set on God. Now that you have purified your souls by your obedience to the truth, so that you have genuine mutual love, love one another deeply from the heart" (1 Peter 1:21-22). I do trust You, Lord; help me trust You more. I do love You, Lord; help me love You more. My faith and hope are set on You alone, in every dimension of Your Being. You are God my Father, full of compassion and tender mercy, creating me with purpose and calling and destiny, grounded in my identity as a child of God. You are God the Son, my Lord and Savior, the King of kings and Lord of lords, always perfectly revealing the heart and word of our Father. You are God the Holy Spirit, always sustaining and filling me, purifying and renewing me, guiding me to Jesus and leading me in the ways of truth and intimacy in the communion of a deeply personal relationship with God. I trust that You are for me. And if God be for me, who can be against me? "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1) And at the same time, while I know You love me. I also know I need to give and receive "genuine mutual love." I know You also created me to love and be loved "deeply from the heart." That's also Your will and Your heart for me as Your child. What father doesn't long to have that for his sons and daughters? And I know that's a longing of the heart of my heavenly Father. For all of Your children to know that we are deeply loved by You and one another is of highest priority among all the principles and commands of the Kingdom of God. "Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony" (Colossians 3:14). So Lord, keep making Your priorities my priorities. Keep forming the nature of Your heart in my heart, giving me grace to love and be loved "deeply from the heart" and experience Your great gift of "genuine mutual love." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please prayerfully consider joining with me in the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries as an Isaiah 35 Streams in the Desert Covenant Partner this year if it would bring you joy to stand with us in this way. I'll be glad to talk with you about this means of God's steady provision for the advance of His Kingdom through our ministry of proclaiming the coming of the Kingdom of God, binding up the brokenhearted and setting the captives free, in the love and power of God: MessiahMin@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org