Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Peace with God 6-30-09

Good Morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart and mind with Yours, now and throughout my day. ... "Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand; and we boast in our hope of sharing the glory of God. And not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us" (Romans5:1-5). What could be more important that to "have peace with God?" What is more powerful than to know that though our sins were as scarlet, we are whiter than snow (Isaiah 1:8). Though none are righteous apart from the grace of God, we need never be apart from the grace of God, forever made available to us through the blood of the cross of Christ. And in Christ, we "become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21). It takes faith to believe that. And it takes faith to keep on believing that. But just having "faith the size of a mustard seed" can dig up the most deeply rooted tree of doubt and deception and cast it into the sea of Your truth (Luke 17:6). By Your grace, my faith is in You. My faith is not in all I think I want or need from You. My faith is not in some kind of idea that through faith, there will be no sufferings or disappointments or injustices in this broken, fallen world not yet redeemed as it will one day be (Romans 8:22-23; Revelation 21:5). My faith is in the God who created me, who loves me, who is always for me. My faith is in the God who keeps pouring His love into my heart by His Holy Spirit, giving me the hope and faith to know that He's at work in all the circumstances of my life. And that brings me peace, as I believe it by faith. In that peace, I can "boast in (my) hope of sharing in the glory of God" and I can "boast in (my) sufferings" that are always at work producing the character Your righteousness in my heart. And in that peace, "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Daily Archives at: www.morningbymorning.blogspot.com Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org