Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Faith Tested by Fire 6-23-09

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You my heart and soul this day and every day. Come guide my thoughts and steps in the way that leads to life in You. ... "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who are being protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, even if for a little while you have had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith -- being more precious than gold that, though perishable, is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed" (1 Peter 1:3-7). When I "suffer various trials" and when my faith is "tested by fire," I will not fear, my peace will not flee, my inheritance will not fade. No matter what comes, I am "protected by the power of God," steady and secure in Your steadfast and unfailing love for me as Your son. In this world, there will be fires and waters that come, but they will not consume me or overwhelm me for You are with me through them all (Isaiah 43:1-7). You will only use them to strengthen me in the certainty of Your hand upon me and Your heart within me. All this is by Your grace and for the "praise and glory and honor" of Your name, as You seek to form Your nature in me. "My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:2-4). So Your Holy Spirit leads me to pray these crazy prayers that are guaranteed to lead me through these crazy trials, all because You are crazy about me. You only want the best for me, and You've already paid the price for me to have it (Revelation 5:9). This is my "inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading." This is my "salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us if you can and pray for us if you can't at the annual Aldersgate Conference on Spirit-Filled Living, held this year in Greensboro, NC the first week of July: www.Aldersgate09.org I'm thrilled to be one of the Keynote Speakers this year with the Friday Night message on healing and also teaching two equipping sessions on healing of damaged emotions and healing prayer ministry. With deep, renewing worship and an atmosphere of people hungry for more of the Lord, Aldersgate is always a highlight of my year. Come if you can and make plans to join us next summer! We hope to have my new book in time to introduce it at Aldersgate called Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance. Please keep this in your prayers and I hope you'll want to be one of the first to order one. Please prayerfully consider joining with me in the vision and calling of Messiah Ministries as an Isaiah 35 Streams in the Desert Covenant Partner this year if it would bring you joy to stand with us in this way. I'll be glad to talk with you about this means of God's steady provision for the advance of His Kingdom through our ministry of proclaiming the coming of the Kingdom of God, binding up the brokenhearted and setting the captives free, in the love and power of God: MessiahMin@aol.com Subscribe by email to me at Messiah Ministries --MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" www.messiah-ministries.org 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 Order our Ministry Resources or Contribute to our vision and calling: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org