Monday, April 25, 2011

The Resurrection Side - April 25

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me live with You on the resurrection side of whatever cross I’ll bear. …

“‘Remember how (Jesus) told you, while He was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must first be handed over to sinners, and be crucified, and on the third day rise again.’ Then they remembered His words, and returning from the tomb, they told all of this to the eleven and to all the rest” (Luke 24:6-9).

All that You said came to pass. You knew there would be a day of day of great suffering, but also a day of great joy. Beauty would rise from ashes, sorrow would be turned to dancing, what was sown in tears would be reaped in joy.

On the resurrection side of the tomb, the women remembered Your words of hope You’d sown into their hearts on the suffering side of the cross. In the challenges of a broken, fallen world, we will have our days of disappointment and discouragement. Our plans will not always unfold as we envision in our minds. Rarely is there anything of lasting value that comes easily without trying circumstances that test our faith. And of course, there can never be resurrection with death, just as we can never truly know the heights of joy without the depths of sorrow, nor the brightness of the dawn without the darkness of the night.

Lord, remind me of all You’ve sown into my heart. Let hope arise when I’m tempted to doubt and tested in faith. All that You’ve spoken will come to pass. Not one of Your words will fall to the ground. Give me the grace of persevering trust and tenacious faith. Even when it looks like all has failed, remind me that You’re the redeeming God, Who causes all things—even death on a cross—the work together for good if we keep believing Your words and entrusting ourselves to the One Who’s conquered the grave and lives in our hearts. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, I'm praying for you to live in the hope and joy of the resurrection side of all you've been enduring through whatever seasons of suffering and death you've had to face. On this day after Easter, I'm excited to have my oldest son, Zach come from college to join me in a charity golf scramble to benefit The Refuge for Women, that our ministry encourages and supports in healing prayer ministry (www.RefugeForWomen.org ). My younger sons Elijah and Josiah will be along as caddies. Please pray for sunshine! God bless you and thank you for joining me in the journey of pray.


To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Join in the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute