Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Set Apart and Sent Forth in the Spirit - August 16

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name be high and lifted up, here in my heart and throughout the moments of my day. ...

"While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, 'Set apart for Me Barnabus and Saul for the work to which I have called them.' Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off" (Acts 13:2-3).


Holy Spirit of the Living God, You are the Promise of the Father upon me; and You are the Spirit of Christ within me (Romans 8:9). You've been stirring in my heart with a burden for the people of Africa. And today You've set me apart to send me there!


As You anointed and empowered Barnabus and Saul to carry the Gospel of the Kingdom of God to the people of the nations, so You've anointed and empowered our team to go to the people of Kenya to share the Good News of the love of God in Jesus Christ. We're honored and excited to go in Your name and the power of Your love. "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel; it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who has faith ..." (Romans 1:16).


May souls be saved and spirits be awakened! May blind eyes be opened and deaf ears unstopped! May bondages be broken and demons cast out! May You heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free, as we proclaim the coming of the Kingdom of God and see You demonstrate it in Your mighty power and unfailing love! (Matthew 10:7-8) Just as on the journeys of Barnabus and Saul, may it be said of us that "(our) speech and proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (1 Corinthians 2:14).


Come, Holy Spirit! We don't go proclaiming our selves or our names or our power. "For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to win obedience from the Gentiles, by word and deed, by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from (Lexington) and as far around as (Nairobi), (we) have fully proclaimed the Good News of Christ!" (Romans 15:18-19) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I'm excited to be going to Kenya today! Please let us know if you would like to be on our Intercessory Prayer Team for my ministry trip to Kenya August 16-31: PrayerLead@aol.com Our evangelistic preaching and ministry team is very excited and expectant for all God will do! I'll be preaching at two major Gospel Festivals, where 30-40,000 are expected to come, and also teaching at two conferences for pastors and leaders wth Wesley Paul Ministries. Here's a short video that Wesley and I made for our trip: http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMV3bUagljM Please pass it along to anyone who may be interested in joining with us in prayer or financial support. God bless you and thank you for all your encouragement and support for me and our minsitry!


Tommy Hays

Founder, Messiah Ministries

2800 Tates Creek Rd.

Lexington, KY 40502