Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Pray in the Spirit" to "Always Persevere" - June 26

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King and Lord of my thoughts and desires today. ...

"Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).


At all times, I want to pray in the Spirit. In every prayer, in every supplication, I want to pray in the Spirit. So I need to be in constant communion with Your Spirit, continually abiding in You and embracing Your abiding in me.


When sin breaks my connection, convict me and lead me to repentance. When discouragement or disappointment break my connection, hold me and remind me You're always with me. When doubt or frustration break my connection, show me Your power to move mountains and make a way where there seems there is no way.


I don't want to pray out of my own thoughts or desires, not out of my own mind or will or emotions. I don't want to pray from my own agenda or impure motives or selfish intent. I want to pray in the Spirit. And as I do, I will "always persevere"-all by the power of Your grace that's always sufficient for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Sylvia and I will be teaching on Healing Prayer Ministry in Austin, Texas at Covenant United Methodist, joined by Northwest Hill United Methdodist, June 25-26, 6-9PM each night. Then we'll be ministering in Claremore, Oklahoma June 28-29 at the Claremore House of Prayer and a healing service at the First United Methodist Church. Please pray for us and come join us when you can! Upcoming Messiah Ministries Events with Tommy & Sylvia Hays