Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Up the Mountain" - June 19

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord, and look forward to these private moments away with You. Help me start this day centered in Christ, embraced by the Father, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

"And after He had dismissed the crowds, He went up the mountain by Himself to pray" (Matthew 14:23).


We made the journey up from the Texas hill country, through the plains and the desert, and up to the mountains of Ruidoso, New Mexico to spend a few days with family up here. And to rest.


There's something about the mountains that causes my spirit to rest and moves my heart to pray. Maybe it's because I'm physically higher that I feel spiritually higher. Maybe it's as if I'm responding in a physical way to the same spiritual invitation You extended to John when You spoke to his heart, "Come up here ..." (Revelation 4:1).


Whatever it is, here I am, Lord. For these precious few days, help me come away from the crowds and come up higher in the Spirit. Help me rest. Help me pray. Whether You choose to speak revelations of Your purposes to me or choose to draw me to a deeper place of surrender in silence before You, here I am-resting high on this mountain with You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, thank you so much for your prayers for us with the Brady Community Church last weekend, speaking on Spiritual Gifts. We saw healing miracles and heard prophetic words as the Holy Spirit was moving among us to equip and activate the Body of Christ for powerful ministry! When you pray for us, you are a critical part of our team, going everywhere the Lord sends us to prepare the Bride and Body of Christ for these exciting days.


After a few days of rest, Sylvia and I will be teaching in Austin at Covenant United Methodist, joined by Northwest Hill United Methdodist, June 25-26. Then we'll be ministering in Claremore, Oklahoma June 28-29 at the Claremore House of Prayer and a healing service at the First United Methodist Church. Please pray for us and come join us when you can! Upcoming Messiah Ministries Events with Tommy & Sylvia Hays



Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out

www.messiah-ministries.org