Thursday, June 21, 2012

Spirit and Life - June 21

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, fill me up in spirit, soul, and body with Your Presence and peace, as I begin this day committing myself to You. ...

"It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life" (John 6:63).


My flesh is everything that would resist You and Your Spirit. My flesh is everything that would exalt myself instead of You, build my own kingdom instead of Yours, depend upon my own strength and wisdom and will instead of Yours. "Live by the Spirit, I say, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. For what the flesh desires is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit desires is opposed to the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you want" (Galatians 5:16-17).


Increase my desire to embrace Your Spirit and resist my flesh. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Help me choose well, choose Your will, choose Your ways. "To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace" (Romans 8:6).


The choices I make each day, by the power of Your grace changing me from the inside out, will determine the nature and impact of my destiny, here in this age and in the age to come: "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you reap whatever you sow. If you sow to you own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh; but if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap eternal life from the Spirit" (Galatians 6:7-8).


Trusting in You, by the grace of God, I choose life; I choose Your Spirit; I choose to live my life in Your Spirit and not by my flesh. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Sylvia and I will be teaching on Prayer Ministry in Austin, Texas at Covenant United Methodist, joined by Northwest Hill United Methdodist, June 25-26, 6-9PM each night. Then we'll be ministering in Claremore, Oklahoma June 28-29 at the Claremore House of Prayer and a healing service at the First United Methodist Church. Please pray for us and come join us when you can! Upcoming Messiah Ministries Events with Tommy & Sylvia Hays