Friday, June 22, 2012

Positioned for God's Blessings and Favor - June 22

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Mighty God, Faithful Friend, Lord and Savior of All, be at the center of all I think, all I feel, all I experience and encounter today. ...

"If you will only obey the Lord your God, by diligently observing all His commandments that I am commanding you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth; all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the Lord your God: Blessed shall you be ..." (Deuteronomy 28:1-3).


Lord, I want Your blessings to overtake me and Your favor to rest upon me. I know every good and perfect gift comes from You. And I know it's all by Your grace and nothing by my works that position me for blessings. Yet Your grace at work within me will lead me to make right choices in obedience to Your will that position me for Your blessings. "For it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).


If I'm willing to yield my will to Your will, allowing Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, You will empower me from the inside out to live my life "doing the will of God from the heart" (Ephesians 6:6). That's the heart I desire. That's the relationship with You that I choose.


As You said to Your disciples, so You say to each of us who are willing trust You and obey You with our lives-as best as we can, all by Your grace: "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love.... You are My friends if you do what I command you... (John 15:10-14). That obedience from the heart positions us for Your blessings and Your favor as friends of God. Lord, let it be so in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Sylvia and I will be teaching on Prayer Ministry in Austin, Texas at Covenant United Methodist, joined by Northwest Hill United Methdodist, June 25-26, 6-9PM each night. Then we'll be ministering in Claremore, Oklahoma June 28-29 at the Claremore House of Prayer and a healing service at the First United Methodist Church. Please pray for us and come join us when you can! Upcoming Messiah Ministries Events with Tommy & Sylvia Hays