Thursday, October 17, 2013

Morning by Morning, October 17 - The Rule of Peace

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, filled with Your Holy Spirit, I want to be in communion with every dimension of God throughout every moment of my day.  ...

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body. And be thankful" (Colossians 3:15).

Let me not be ruled by my own mind, my own will, or my own emotions. Let me not be ruled by fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of success, or fear of man. Let me not be ruled the stability of government, the standards of culture, or the seductions of the world. Let the peace of Christ rule in my heart.

You promise the rule of Your peace for all who will choose to let You rule in our hearts. "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do no let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid" (John 14:27).

So when I have questions, let Your peace rule. When I need a sense of direction or discernment, let Your peace rule. When I waver or doubt, when I stumble or fall, when I just need to know that You are there and You are for me and You'll always come through with Your very best for me, let Your peace rule.

You are the "Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). Your peace is beyond understanding; it doesn't make sense in the eyes of the world or in the face of circumstances, but it guards my heart and steadies my mind (Philippians 4:7). Life in the Kingdom of God is full of peace (Romans 14:17). So by the grace of God I bow my knees and open my heart to rule of Your peace in my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the peace of Christ will rule in your heart in every decision and encounter you have today. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue