Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Morning by Morning, October 23 - "A Cheerful Giver"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You've shown me Your Father, saved me by Your Blood, and filled me with Your Spirit. I love You, Lord, and thank You, Lord, for first loving me.  ...

"The point is this:  the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:6).

Lord, fill me with the joy of giving -- giving abundantly from the heart of all that I am and all that have all to You. You've taught me so many times in so many ways that "You can't out-give God."

It's You've nature to give. Father, You give us Your Son (John 3:16). You give us Your Spirit (Acts 2:4). You give us the fullness of Your salvation (Romans 9:13). You give us "abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20). And I want to be a giver like You -- a cheerful giver in the joy of Your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Spirit will stir in your spirit with the joy of giving all that you have and all that you to the glory of God from every dimension of your life. May you be a cheerful giver! Please pray the same the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

This weekend I'm excited to be speaking on Healing & Stewardship of Spirit, Soul, and Body at First United Methodist Church of La Grange, Texas with my good friend Pastor J. Paul Bruhn. Please keep us in prayer.

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue