Thursday, July 17, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 17 - Delivered from Doubt, Forgiven for Unbelief

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the first word from my lips this day. I worship You and welcome You into the moments of my day.  ...

"(Jesus) came to His hometown and began to teach the people in their synagogue, so that they were astounded and said, 'Where did this man get this wisdom and these deeds of power? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? Are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? Are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all this?' And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, 'Prophets are not without honor except in their own country and in their own house.' And He did not do many deeds of power there, because of their unbelief" (Matthew 13:54-58).

They couldn't believe God would anoint a man with such authority to teach and power to heal. They couldn't yet grasp the truth you were trying to reveal, that "all things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23, NKJV).

But as the Son of Man, one living in the nature of man, You willingly chose to humble Yourself from the glory of heaven "in human form," showing us how a simple man, with family and friends that everyone knows, could live an extraordinary life, if only completely committed and surrendered to the will of God (Philippians 2:5-11). As a humble man, God anointed You with the power of heaven:  "God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him" (Acts 10:38).

And now, just as God the Father anointed You and sent You, so You send us in the same power of the same Holy Spirit (John 20:21). You said, "Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in My name you ask Me for anything, I will do it" (John 14:12-14).

Yes, Lord. "I believe; help my unbelief" (Mark 9:24). Deliver me from doubt. Forgive me for the sin of unbelief -- not fully believing the fullness of Your Word and fully embracing the inerrancy of Your Truth. "For God all things are possible" (Mark 10:27). And in Christ, "all things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23).

Your ministry of the healing love and power of God was not welcome in Your own house or Your home town among Your own people. And ours may not always be either -- just like You warned Your first disciples (Luke 9:5). But our calling is to live our lives completely committed and surrendered to the will of God -- including our calling to minister Your healing love and power by the anointing of Your Holy Spirit, doing what we see You do and speaking what we hear You say, all to the glory of God (Luke 10:1-12; Mark 16:17-18). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,   may you be set free from doubt and unbelief to live into the fullness of your calling as your part of the Church of Jesus Christ, living and loving in the power of the Holy Spirit. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'm excited to be ministering in Springfield, Illinois this week at the National Conference of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries, conference on Spirit-filled Life in the Wesleyan Tradition. It's named after the prayer meeting on Aldersgate Street in London where John Wesley was filled with the Holy Spirit and empowered for the ministry that brought great revival in his generation. I'll be teaching equipping sessions on Prayer for Inner Healing and Prayer for Physical Healing, as well as ministering on the Word Gifts Team and Prayer Ministry Team during the evening worship services. Please keep us in prayer for personal revival and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Come join us if you can. It's always a spiritually refreshing and exciting time for me every year I'm able to come. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue