Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 15 - Servant and Son of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Heavenly Father. Good morning, Holy Spirit. Lord God Almighty -- You are One and You are holy and You are here with me now and forever. I acknowledge You and worship You in spirit and truth. I welcome You into every moment of this new day.  ...

"Here is My servant, whom I uphold, My chosen, in whom My soul delights; I have put My Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be crushed until he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his teaching.... I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness, I have taken you by the hand and kept you; I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord, that is My name; My glory I give to no other, nor My praise to idols. See, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth, I tell you of them" (Isaiah 42:1-9).

Yes, Lord. By the grace of God, in the mystery of faith, I am one of Your servants and one of your sons. Like each of Your children, Your Holy Spirit is upon me; the Spirit of Christ is within me -- equipping me and empowering me to do my part to live out my calling in the confidence of my identity and the fulfillment of my destiny as one of the servants of God.

Just as Your Word declares of me and each of Your children who are now in Christ:  "(I am) not in the flesh; (I am) in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in (me). Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. But if Christ is in (me), though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in (me), He who raised Christ from the dead will life to (my) mortal body also through His Spirit that dwells in (me).... For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God... When (I) cry, 'Abba! Father!' it is that very Spirit bearing witness with (my) spirit that (I am one of the) children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ -- if, in fact, we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him" (Romans 8:9-17).

So by the power of Your grace at work within me, send me out today as a messenger of Your life and light, available to all to come into covenant with You. "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). May the blind see and the prisoners be free, all by the power and for the glory of God. Let the new things of new life in Christ spring forth in me and all around me everywhere You send me, as Your servant and Your son. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you go forth in the power and the Presence of God today, confident in your identity and fulfilling your destiny as a child of God with the Spirit of Christ upon you and within you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I'm excited to be ministering in Springfield, Illinois this week at the National Conference of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries, conference on Spirit-filled Life in the Wesleyan Tradition. It's named after the prayer meeting on Aldersgate Street in London where John Wesley was filled with the Holy Spirit and empowered for the ministry that brought great revival in his generation. I'll be teaching equipping sessions on Prayer for Inner Healing and Prayer Physical Healing, as well as ministering on the Word Gifts Team and Prayer Ministry Team during the services. Please keep us in prayer for personal revival and an outpouring the Holy Spirit. Come join us if you can. It's always a spiritually refreshing and exciting time for me every year I'm able to come. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue