Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 23 - Anointed as Priests of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...

"Now this is what you should do to them to consecrate them, so that they may serve Me as priests.... You shall bring Aaron and his sons to the entrance of the tent of meeting, and wash them with water. Then you shall take the vestments, and put on Aaron the tunic and the robe of the ephod, and the ephod, and the breastpiece and gird him with the decorated band of the ephod; and you shall set the turban on his head, and put the holy diadem on the turban. You shall take the anointing oil, and pour it on his head and anoint him" (Exodus 29:1-7).

In Christ, we are Your "chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that (we) may proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called (us) out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9). Together, we are Your "holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ" (v. 2:5). Embracing Your Good News of the Kingdom of God, as You save us and heal us and free us, we are now "called priests of the Lord" and "named ministers of our God" (Isaiah 61:6).

So here in this tent of meeting of my morning prayer, I deliberately dedicate and completely consecrate my heart and my life to You today. Anoint me with Your Holy Spirit and clothe me in Christ. Lead me and empower me to minister to You and hold Your people in my heart, throughout the moments of my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may the Holy Spirit anoint you and lead you and empower you as a priest of our God throughout the moments of your day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue