Thursday, July 10, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 10 - Relentless Rest

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, embracing Your promise, "My sheep hear My voice."  ...

It seems I hear You say, "Rest in Me."

Yes, Lord. Rest, how? ...

"The rest that is relentless in choosing to trust Me in all things."

How do I do that, Lord?

"This rest is an attitude you allow Me to develop in your heart. It is an attitude that actively entrusts every burden, every desire, every moment to Me. It is not passive, nor complacent. My rest is like My word -- alive and active, expecting My promises of My provision and power to be sufficient, even more than enough, for all you need and all you are. Rest in Me, My son."

Yes, Lord.  As I seek to discern if this is Your voice and if these are Your words to me, I believe these words line up with Your Scripture, bear witness to my spirit, display the fruit that draws my attention to You and brings the fruit of Your Spirit to me. May it also be confirmed in the council of others in their hearts as well. Teach me how to live into this kind of rest, this relentless rest.

"For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:  In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength" (Isaiah 30:15).

Forgive me for the ways I've spurned or ignored Your invitation to enter into Your rest -- whether deliberately and defiantly in rebellion or more subtly but steadily taking on burdens that were never mine to bear with expectations You never imposed, trying to live my life in my own strength and my own way according to my own will. I receive Your forgiveness and embrace Your invitation to enter into Your rest. I thank You for beginning to develop and mature this attitude of heart in me by Your Spirit.

"Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to (me); therefore He will rise up to show mercy to (me). For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are those who wait for Him" (v. 30:18). Lord, as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to wait for You; I choose to trust in You; I choose to rest in You. Thank You for this gift and grace of relentless rest. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you experience God's gift and grace of relentless rest, as He develops and matures this attitude of heart in you by His Spirit. May this word of the Lord be alive and active, sharper than a two-edged sword in you (Hebrews 4:12). Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue