Monday, July 07, 2014

Morning by Morning, July 7 - Good Fruit from a Good Heart

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open my heart to hear Your voice.  ...

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? In the same way, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you shall know them by their fruits" (Matthew 7:15-20).

Sharpen my discernment, Lord. Let Your Holy Spirit guide my human spirit from the inside out to sort out what's true from what's false, what's of the Spirit from what's of the flesh. Help me see beneath the surface to the depths of the soul; help me hear beyond the words to the character of the heart. "For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" (v. 7:34). "The Lord does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7).

And give me the humility to look honestly at my own heart first. Give me the courage to look at the fruit of my words and the integrity of my actions. Convict me of my sins; change me in my heart. Make me more like You each day. All the while, give me Your grace for those You are convicting and changing around me each day in Your passion to see Your children conformed into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). May we be good children who bear good fruit from good hearts, fully entrusted to You. In Jesus' name pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit increases your discernment, as you look to the heart to see the fruit in your life and those around you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue