Thursday, May 21, 2015

Morning by Morning, May 21 - Baptized with the Holy Spirit and Holy Fire

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to start my day seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, and following Your leading here in the communion of prayer.  ...

In those days John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness of Judea, proclaiming, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.' This is the one of whom the prophet Isaiah spoke when he said, 'The voice of one crying out in the wilderness:  'Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight.' " ... (John said), 'I baptize you with water for repentance, but One who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry His sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will clear His threshing floor and will gather His wheat into the granary; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire' " (Matthew 3:1-12).

My heavenly Father, let my heart be prepared for the way of the Lord. Come have Your way in me. Make my paths straight. Make my heart right. Let me fully embrace the mercy and power of Your grace in the fullness of Your love as a child of God, forgiven and free through the blood of Christ (1 John 1:9). I want all that You have for me, with nothing separating me from the fullness of Your holy Presence.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus -- not just in the clouds of heaven at the sound of the trumpet one day, but also here in my heart everyday. "Baptize (me) with the Holy Spirit and fire." Burn "the chaff" out of me with Your "unquenchable fire." Give me courage to embrace the fiery flame of Your holy Presence in every area of my life.

Come, Holy Spirit. I want to be cleansed and purified from everything that would hold me back from the intimacy You desire in my relationship with You, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  "Who will ascend the hill of the Lord? And who will stand in His holy place? Those who have clean hands and pure hearts, who do not lift up their souls to what is false, and do not swear deceitfully. They will receive blessing from the Lord, and vindication from the God of their salvation. Such is the company of those who seek Him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob" (Psalm 24:3-6).

Holy Spirit, baptize me with Your holy fire. "Sanctify (me) entirely" in "spirit and soul and body" that I may be "sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls (me) is faithful, and (You) will do this" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24). Set me ablaze with a passion to "love the Lord (my) God with all (my) heart, and with all (my) soul, and with all (my) mind, and with all (my) strength ... (and to) "love (my) neighbor as (myself)" -- as best as I can and all by Your grace in the power of Your Spirit (Mark 12:30-31). Set me ablaze with the confidence to know my identity and fulfill my destiny as the child of God that I am (Romans 8:16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


As we approach the day of Pentecost, I pray the Holy Spirit will prepare the way of the Lord in your heart to be continually baptized with the Holy Spirit and His holy fire, embracing the promise of the Father empowering you to be a faithful witness of Jesus everywhere He sends you each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  
 

New Book!
Friends, I'm excited to now have available from our publisher the updated edition of my book Free to Be Like Jesus -- with endorsements from Max Lucado, Andy Reese, and Randy Clark!

"Tommy Hays has spent a lifetime studying the place of prayer in inner healing. I have personally benefitted from his teaching, writing and encouragement. This book gathers a wealth of helpful insights and experiences into one volume. I am honored to have it on my shelf and honored to call Tommy my friend."

Max Lucado



"Tommy Hays combines a lawyer's keen logic with a spiritual intuition to bring inner healing to a practical, effective and applied level. His proven techniques have been used in hundreds of ministry settings and can serve as simple yet profound tools in the hands of even the novice minister."

Andy Reese



"Free to Be Like Jesus will take you on a journey to learn more about the inner healing ministry. This book has many foundational spiritual truths and will help you if you want more healing in your own life, or if you want more tools to assist you in your inner healing ministry."

Randy Clark

 
Now available for orders through 
Messiah Ministries or Rapha God Ministries.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!