Friday, June 05, 2015

Morning by Morning, June 5 - By the Great Mercy of God, I Thrive!

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up in my heart and throughout the moments of my day.  ...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! By His great mercy He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who are being protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice..." (1 Peter 1:3-6).

As I worship You, Lord God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- and welcome You and Your Word into the place of authority in my life to begin my day, I sense You writing a new song of salvation in my spirit:

In new birth, I come alive 
In living hope, I arise
By the great mercy of God, I thrive!

Out of the darkness and into Your Light
Out of my sin and into Your Life
By the great mercy of God, I thrive!

To my inheritance in Christ, I take hold
Unfading, forever in hope
By the great mercy of God, I thrive!

Thank You, Lord. In the great mercy of God, I "have been chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and to be sprinkled with His blood. May grace and peace be (mine) in abundance" (v. 1:2). I believe in You and "rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, for (I am) receiving the outcome of (my) faith, the salvation of (my) soul" (v. 1:8-9).

This kind of "indescribable and glorious joy" cannot be explained. Like so many of the things You've prepared for us as we open our hearts to truly believe in You, it can't be taught; it must be caught.
But by the great mercy of God, I've caught it and I'm not letting it go! May I carry this new birth into a living hope everywhere You send me today "by the power of God through faith" (v. 1:5). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will thrive by the great mercy of God, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 

Friends, Thank You for your prayers for us as we began our Level 2 School of Ministry last night in Fredericksburg, Texasthrough our ministry partnership between Rapha God Ministries and the Fredericksburg Campus of Oak Hills Church to equip their prayer team for inner healing prayer ministry. The Holy Spirit moved tenderly and powerfully even in our model demonstration of the healing power of God! Please keep us in prayer as we continue on our seven week course on Thursday nights. God bless you and the ministry of God through you!

 
I'm excited for the recent release of my updated book on inner healing prayer ministry Free to Be Like Jesus! endorsed by Max Lucado, Andy Reece, and Randy Clark. Now available for order through our ministry.


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!