Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Morning by Morning, February 2 - Giving a Good Measure of Grace
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what You would speak to my heart, as I begin my day in communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ... "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back" (Luke 6:37-38). Yes, Lord. In many ways, what goes around, comes around; and we tend to get back what we dish out. Help me "do to others as (I) would have them do to (me)" (v. 6:31). I need lots of grace, so help me give lots of grace. I need lots of encouragement, so help me give lots of encouragement. And I sure don't need lots of judgment or condemnation or unforgiveness or stinginess, so help me not be on the serving end so that I don't have to be on the receiving end. I don't want to reap it, so help me not sow it. I don't want to lay in it, so help me not make a bed out of it. As Your Word warns, "Do not be deceived; God is not mocked, for you will reap whatever you sow. If you sow to your own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh; but if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap eternal life from the Spirit" (Galatians 6:7-8). By the power of Your grace, help me sow to the Spirit today. Let me "not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time" (Galatians 6:9). And as I give in Your grace and sow in Your Spirit, help me not hold back. "The one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.... God loves a cheerful give" (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Let me be a cheerful giver of a good measure of Your grace by Your Spirit today. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be a cheerful giver of a good measure of God's grace through your life today and reap a good measure of God's grace in the harvest to come, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

 
Friends, please come join us tomorrow night where I'll be sharing a message on healing with Max Lucado at the First Wednesday Worship & Healing Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio at 7pm. All are welcome!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!