Thursday, February 11, 2016

Morning by Morning, February 11 - In the Morning Surrender of My Morning Prayer
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look and listen; I watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit to begin this day embracing and abiding in the presence of God.  ...
 
"O Lord, in the morning You hear my voice; in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch" (Psalm 5:3).
 
Thank You for listening and hearing my heart. Thank You for allowing me to plead my case, to state my needs, to express my concerns, to acknowledge my fears, to lay down my burdens, and to share my dreams. Thank You for the invitation of Your Word expressing the nature of Your heart:  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you" (Psalm 55:22). "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).
 
As I speak them out to You, You gather them up and lift them from me. And in the gentleness of Your mercy and the security of Your love, You say to my soul, "Now, let it go. Entrust it to Me. I care for You. I will take care of you."
 
And now I watch. Now I trust. Now I allow You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart as You guide my steps and direct my paths. Now I receive the gift of faith to believe that You will do Your part, and at the same time, that You will show me and empower me to do my part. "From ages past no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eyes has seen any God besides You, who works for those who wait for Him" (Isaiah 64:4). 
 
What a good way to begin my day in the morning surrender of my morning prayer. Now give me the grace to live this out throughout all the other moments of day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will watch and see what God will do with all you surrender to Him in your morning prayer, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!