Thursday, February 25, 2016

Morning by Morning, February 25 - Striving for Peace, Growing in Grace?

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and listen for Your voice, watching and waiting in the silence of surrender before You now to begin my day with You, Lord God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ... 

"Therefore, beloved, while you are waiting for these things, strive to be found by Him at peace, without spot or blemish; and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation.... But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity" (2 Peter 3:14-18). 

In a way, the ideas of striving for peace and growing in grace, like working out our own salvation, seem to imply a lot of effort on our part (Philippians 2:12). But not so. "It is God who is at work in (us), enabling (us) both to will and work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).  

Our part is to actively, faithfully put our trust in You, as we embrace the leading and the power Your Spirit working in us to desire what is right and to do what is right. That's how we strive for peace and grow in grace. That's how we live out the salvation You've already given to us and are establishing as a way of life within us. 

So come, Holy Spirit. Establish more of the peace and grace of God in me today. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Empower me to desire what is right and to do what is right, as I live out the fullness of my salvation, more each day. "For by grace (I) have been saved through faith, and this not (my) own doing; it is the gift of God -- not the result of works, so that no one may boast. For (I am) what (You) made (me), created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be (my) way of life" (Ephesians 2:8-10). "To (God) be the glory both now and to the day of eternity" (2 Peter 3:18).  In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you strive for peace and grow in grace, all by the grace of God at work within you by the power and presence of Holy Spirit of the Living God living in you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   

Ministering in Lexington, Kentucky Area March 4-5
Please join us for the Power of Love Conference hosted by Voice of Joy Ministries at the Francis Asbury Society headquarters in Wilmore, where I'll be teaching and ministering with 
 Dr. Steve Seamands, Pastor Amy Barkman,
and Jeff Rogers of Wellspring Prayer Center
Registration is free but please let Pastor Amy know if you may be attending with an email to her at  amyb_love@att.net or
Please Spread the Word!

Ministering in Southern Indiana Area Feb 28-March 2
Please join us for 4 Nights of Inner Healing 
hosted at Pfrimmers Chapel UMC 
with my great friend, Pastor Tim Johnson


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!